Monday, May 16, 2011

Natural Born Killer

Grass Killer that is. I found a nifty little tip on killing grass organically. Vinegar. Last night at about 9pm, while the grass was still wet from the rain we had earlier in the day, I sprayed the new area for our 2nd garden with vinegar. By noon today all the grass was dead! ~see pic below~ The vinegar was more effective than Round-up and way cheaper (gallon of vinegar $2.50, gallon of Round-up $15.00), plus it is natural and safe. Very pumped about that!

Speaking of killers, I have been diet coke free for a week tomorrow! I have been drinking mostly water but also an all natural lemon-aid that Keely makes thanks to her cousin Salli. It is very good! Also, we have freed our home of all high fructose corn syrup! I have been eating veggies and all things organic. I have to say that it was a lot easier than I expected. I am baby-stepping with the veggies but making progress. I can't see myself going back to my old way of eating. It may be mental but I already feel better, lighter.

Again speaking of killing, there is a rabbit that has decided to wage war with me! Last Friday I came home from lunch and walked my garden, everything looked fine. Later that day while mowing the lawn I noticed that all the heads of my broccoli plants were gone. All of them! So I went out and bought more fencing and made my garden a fortress. I also tried to convince my wife to let me buy a $200.00 air rifle with a silencer but she was not having that. I know that organic means to have an environment where creatures will share the space with my garden and eat my food, but come on, ALL my broccoli? That is just selfish! The old street me is taking the rabbits actions as a sign of disrespect and I am fully prepared to start a turf war with Buggs. Stay tuned.

Well that is all for now. I guess the take aways are use vinegar to kill your grass and weeds and never trust a rabbit.

~Matt

12 hours before this picture it was all nice green grass. Thanks to vinegar it is dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment